Sunday, October 27, 2013

Inspiration and blog content.

Hey, hi, hello!
Let me begin with wishing you a happy weekend! Time has been set back one hour which is great, I get to sleep longer.
I carved a pumpkin yesterday and might do another one today.
I just love autumn, don't you?
Anyways, we writers are always looking for inspiration and as a realistic teenager it isn't always so easy. I'm a type that needs clarity, I can't do something if the success rate is too low.  I've seen hundreds of statistics and one can't help but feel at least a little down when seeing those.
Chances are quite slim that you get published and if you are anything like me you want to see your book as the New York bestseller. Well, you need one heck of a story to get there.
I'll be posting later on the journey from getting writing to actually being published.
I'll be writing about what makes a great plot and how publishing works. I've done my research and will blend sources together for a cocktail of publishing success.
I know I'm "just" some random teenager, but you'd be surprised. I'm probably one of the most motivated. I'm totally set on having been published before my 25th birthday in..
. Seven years! Seven great years of planning and plotting. Just need to get myself a laptop...
I'll also be focusing on teenage writers, and I want you guys to be involved! Send questions and topic requests on something you want me to go over and explain. Already you guys can comment on the posts, so please take this as an opportunity, and of course you guys who aren't teenagers are most welcome to comment and ask as well.
As for inspiration, just read. When I read a book (especially a series) and it ends I always sort of take a moment to breathe out. It is always sad when a book ends, no matter how happy the ending was, but I also find it inspiring.
Think if I could write a book like that. A book that glues people to their chairs because they can't stop reading and that leaves them with the same breathless feeling when they have finished it.
I've learned to stop looking at statistics. I refuse to be a statistic! Sure, the odds might be against me but I love writing and no one is going to take that away. Don't let statistics put out your fire of passion, keep at it and improve.
And if you get denied by a publisher, try another one! Don't let one rejection get you down, J.K. Rowling got rejected 12 times before she got published.
Learn from it if you don't get published, improve your story. If you truly believe your story is 'the bomb', you shouldn't stop after just one rejection.
Next post will be on Planning your plot from A to Z! 
Hope to see you then and don't forget to follow my blog! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment